What is the normal weight gain for infants?
A newborn baby should gain a quarter of an ounce each day.
Moreover, have you ever wondered why young babies gain weight at different rates and in different amounts during the first years of life? Researchers at the University of Bergen in Norway found its largely controlled by our genes.
“It turned out that genes linked to extreme obesity, appetite and the body’s energy consumption are responsible for the growth regulation,” Professor Pål R. Njølstad says.
Appetite genes control how fast and how much children grow by University of Bergen
What foods should I give my Baby to gain weight?
Here are some suggestions:
- FIrstly, add nut butters. For example, encourage kids who like raw fruits and vegetables to eat celery sticks or apple slices with peanut butter.
- In addition, sneak in healthy oils. It is also beneficial to sneak in some olive oil or other heart healthy oils by adding it to foods, which can help even the pickiest …
- Lastly, try oral supplements.
How can I make my infant to gain weight?
There are several simple things proven beneficial for weight gain:
- Stop or decrease solid foods, particularly if baby is younger than 6 months. …
- Furthermore, sleep close to your baby (this increases prolactin and frequency of nursing).
- Learn baby massage — this has been proven to improve digestion and weight gain.
- Lastly, carry baby throughout the day in a baby carrier; get as much skin to skin contact as you can.