How CBD Gummies Can Boost Your Immune System and Overall Health
CBD is getting crazily popular across the USA as more people feel this herbal remedy’s health benefits. With the legal advancements in cannabis regulation, CBD gummies have also become legal in eligible jurisdictions. Users can now choose from a wide variety of CBD products, including CBD gummies, to enjoy wellness and health improvements.
CBD gummies are known to produce various effects on the body, from stress relief to pain management. But what stands behind these claims, and is there a really systematic and rich body of evidence attesting to these health effects? In this article, we dive deep into the industry of CBD gummies to disclose their real impact on health and immunity.
Introduction to CBD
First, let’s say a few words about CBD to clarify how it helps people and why it is associated with many health effects. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a naturally occurring compound of the weed plant, with a higher concentration identified in the hemp variety of weed, that calms people’s nerves, soothes pain, and helps consumers enjoy a good night’s sleep. Evidence suggests that CBD in small doses can have energizing and mood-boosting effects, while high doses of CBD produce a sedating and relaxing effect. Thus, users with any of the mentioned health needs can choose a suitable CBD product and dose to enjoy sedation, stress relief, or energy boost when needed.
Why Are CBD Gummies So Popular?
CBD gummies are among the most popular CBD product categories in the modern cannabis market. They are delicious, precisely dosed, and totally discreet, making CBD consumption and private and pleasant endeavor. So, you can choose a CBD gummy product with an individually suited dose, like, for instance 500 mg edible gummies, and enjoy the full variety of sedating, painkilling, and soothing properties CBD possesses.
Besides, CBD consumption with the help of CBD gummies ensures a long-lasting effect, like with other types of edibles. The effect starts later than with smoking or vaping CBD, but it lasts for hours, which may be of greater benefit for people with chronic pain, depression, or insomnia.
CBD Gummies as Immunity Boosters
Notably, CBD has been linked to immunity in many ways. Scholars have discovered that CBD inhibits the microglial cell proliferation process, which results in lower adenosine uptake into cells. This mechanism of action is a vital component of immunity regulation, suggesting that CBD may be of real value to people with immunity issues. Besides, CBD’s antioxidant effects improve immunity, which may have a cumulative and long-term effect with regular CBD use.
As science claims, CBD can address various autoimmune disorders because of its ability to calm the hyperactive immune system. This process occurs due to the CBD’s interaction with CB1 and CB2 receptors in the human endocannabinoid system. Besides, CBD has been found to suppress the immune response of the organism, such as inflammation, which can also be a consequence of autoimmune disorders that complicates a patient’s life (e.g., rheumatoid arthritis).
Other Health Benefits of CBD Gummies
Besides well-rounded immune support, CBD possesses many other health benefits and values for various user categories, such as:
- Management of anxiety and depression. This property is associated with the mood-altering effect of small CBD doses. People who use CBD gummies with small to moderate CBD content report feeling much happier and more resilient to daily stresses.
- Epilepsy management. CBD has been clinically proven to alleviate seizure intensity and frequency, thus helping patients live more comfortably with this debilitating disorder.
- Chronic and acute pain. CBD has pronounced painkilling effects and can help people relax and regain the comfort of living with many types of recurring pain.
- Addiction treatment. Drug abusers often find it intolerable to live through abstinence syndrome, and CBD can help alleviate their discomfort with the help of stress relief and nausea management.
How to Choose CBD Gummies for Maximum Health Value?
With all that health information at your fingertips, you may surely want to rush to the first dispensary and buy a pack of CBD gummies. But don’t be too quick to select a bright pack with cloudless promises – do your due diligence and study every chosen product’s package details. Here’s what you should pay attention to:
- CBD type. CBD is currently available in three types: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate. So, you should choose the type optimally suited to your health needs and the specifics of your work. For instance, full-spectrum CBD is known for the richest content and inclusion of all vital terpenes, cannabinoids, and flavonoids you might need for a health and immunity boost, but it also comes with trace THC that may cause a positive drug test. So, if you want to consume terpenes but need to eliminate THC, broad-spectrum CBD is your optimal choice. If you want a CBD-only product, your choice is CBD isolate. It will contain nothing except CBD, guaranteeing a pure and predictable effect.
- Dose. CBD gummies are available in various doses and formulations, with the smallest starting at 2.5mg per gummy. So, you may choose a minimal safe dose as a beginner and increase the dose gradually once you feel that you grow tolerant to that CBD amount. CBD gummies for experienced users may come with up to 25mg CBD per gummy, giving a potent sedating effect and optimal for use before bedtime.
- Contents. It’s vital to check the composition of the CBD gummies you’re selecting, as some unethical brands still include synthetic flavors and preservatives in the gummy content. Thus, you will do your health a favor if you avoid such products and buy only gummies with all-natural, non-GMO ingredients.
- CBD extraction methods. The method your manufacturer uses to squeeze the CBD extract from hemp plants is also a critical determinant of your chosen gummies’ quality and the ultimate health value you’ll get from them. Therefore, you should research this subject extensively and opt for CBD derived via safe, non-chemical methods, like CO2 supercritical extraction.
- Suitability for specific population categories. CBD gummies may contain trace THC, which is unsuitable for drivers or people in socially responsible jobs. So, you should check the special details and precautions on the product’s package.
- Reputation. The brand’s reputation also matters; it’s much safer and self-reassuring to buy products from a company that enjoys good publicity and numerous positive user reviews.
As you might conclude from our review, CBD gummies can do you a really good service in terms of boosting your immunity and addressing some bothersome, chronic health conditions. By finding the right dose and picking a legit brand with a strong reputation, you can guarantee a safe and rewarding CBD user experience for yourself. Always check the labels, scan user reviews, and enjoy the health benefits of CBD to the fullest.
To learn more about health& CBD see: U.S. Food and Drug Administration (fda.gov)
This material was prepared by Tia Moskalenko, a passionate cannabis researcher, advocate, and full-time writer at AskGrowers. Tia is highly interested in bridging the gap between consumers and reputable brands, so she writes expert blogs about the safe and rewarding use of CBD products for maximum health benefits.