Future of Mortgage Rates & US Real Estate with Hedge Fund & Mutual Fund Manager Leland Abrams
- Mr. Abrams began his career in 2005 at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein on the investment bank’s credit proprietary trading desk as an analyst and quickly ascended to be Co-PM of a $5+ billion portfolio of structured credit including RMBS, CMBS, and other ABS.
- In 2008, Abrams joined John Devaney’s United Capital Markets, Inc as a credit analyst and sell-side market maker trading distressed RMBS and esoteric ABS.
- In 2010, Abrams departed United Capital and joined Candlewood Investment Group, LP as it spun out of Credit Suisse. He was a general partner in its structured credit hedge fund and head of RMBS, overseeing approximately $1 billion of RMBS investments at the ~$3 billion hedge fund.
- In 2016, Abrams departed Candlewood and launched his own hedge fund, Wickapogue Structured Credit Fund, LP, a private institutional fund focused on seasoned RMBS. This fund got the attention of Catalyst and they worked together to model EIX after this concept, but suited for retail investors and daily liquidity.
- Leland’s firm is also active and focused on real estate development, specifically single family homes with an emphasis on single family rental properties in Florida owned and managed by affiliated companies.
- Abrams served on the board of directors and member of audit committee for a public REIT, Front Yard Residential Corporation, until the company was sold to private equity this January 2021 for over $2.6 billion.